Recent MinEx CRC activities in NSW include the following:
- An airborne magnetic and radiometric (ARM) survey was flown over the Cobar and Nyngan region in 2022. The data is available for download through MinView
- An airborne electromagnetic (AEM) survey will be flown in the Forbes-Dubbo MinEx focus area from May to July 2023
- A deep crustal reflection seismic survey (Cobar-Yathong Seismic Survey) will be acquired across the Cobar MinEx focus area from April to June 2023
- An interpretive report and data package for the Cobar Airborne Electromagnetic (AEM) Survey is available here. An airborne electromagnetic survey was completed over the Mundi plains northwest of Broken Hill. Download the data here.
New reports and datasets:
- U-Pb (zircon) geochronology (MinEx focus areas in NSW)
- Ar/Ar (micas, feldspar) geochronology (western NSW & eastern SA)
- Palynology and biostratigraphy (western NSW)
- Forbes hydrogeochemistry survey report
- Ultrafine+ soil geochemistry report (Cobar Basin)
- 3D model reports of the North Cobar and South Cobar areas (data here)
- 15 water samples for hydrogeochemical analysis were collected (with CSIRO) from the Mundi MinEx focus area. Each sample was tested for ~60 analytes, with selected samples analysed by a range of isotopic and geochronological techniques. The analytical results were forwarded to landholders in November 2022 and are available on MinView
- New whole rock geochemistry and U-Pb zircon geochronology data was generated on various rock samples in the MinEx focus areas in NSW. The results are available on MinView.
- Geological mapping was conducted in the Cobar focus area in 2022 and 2023.