Mining, Exploration and Geoscience (MEG) is a group within the Department of Regional NSW, a powerhouse government cluster that brings together the skill, insights, local knowledge, expertise and authority to shape a dynamic future for the engine room of the NSW economy - the state's regional areas.
MEG’s mission is to provide certainty to the mining industry and to local communities about the future of mining in NSW and to support industry to understand and fulfil its regulatory obligations.
MEG comprises 5 teams:
- Assessments and Systems
- NSW Resources Regulator
- Geological Survey of NSW
- Strategy, Performance and Industry Development
- Strategic Advice and Coordination
Our leadership team
MEG is led by Chief Executive Officer Georgina Beattie and supported by an experienced leadership team:
- Executive Director Assessments and Systems Jamie Tripodi
- Executive Director Resources Regulator Peter Day
- Executive Director Geological Survey Grant McLatchie
- Executive Director Strategy, Performance and Industry Development Tony Linnane
- Group Director Strategic Advice and Coordination Marwan El-Chamy
Further information on our structure can be found in our organisation chart (PDF, 65.71 KB).