NSW geology phone maps
Download to your phone or mobile device – no wifi or mobile reception required for use once downloaded.
GSNSW interactive geology maps are now available to download using the ArcGIS Field Maps mobile application. ArcGIS Field Maps is the new replacement for the ArcGIS Explorer app platform provided by ESRI. Follow the quick installation steps below to download the application and maps onto your mobile device.
These interactive geology maps display a range of information. Touch the screen to reveal the name, description, age, lithology and environment of formation of the underlying rock type. Your location appears on the map, which can be re-centred to your current location with just one touch.
A useful tool for geologists, geophysicists, engineers, farmers, environmental consultants, students and anyone interested in geology, landforms and soils.
- Free download to your mobile device
- No mobile reception required
- Geology maps and geophysics images
New release maps:
- NSW Seamless Geology Version 2.3 map
- NSW Seamless Geology Version 2.3 with Hillshade map
- NSW Simplified Geology map
- NSW Elevation map
- NSW TMI map
- NSW TMI RTP map
- NSW TMI RTP tilt map
- NSW TMI RTP over TMI RTP tilt map
- NSW Isostatic Gravity over TMI RTP tilt map
- NSW First vertical derivative of TMI map
- NSW Radioelements ternary map
- NSW Radioelement Potassium percentage map
- NSW Radioelement Thorium ppm map
- NSW Radioelement Uranium ppm map
Quick install ArcGIS Field Maps (free)
Apple iPhones and iPads (requires iOS 14.5 or later)
from the App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
Android phones and tablets (requires Android 8.0 or later)
from the Google Play Store on your phone/tablet.
STEP 2. For all devices
Once downloaded, open the app and choose to skip sign in.
STEP 3. For all devices
Inside the app, search for NSW geology maps and geophysical images by typing GSNSW and select a listed map by clicking the download button to install and view the map.
Note: a WIFI connection is recommended for installation as the map files are up to 1.4 GB in size.
Note: the previously adopted ArcGIS Explorer mobile application will continue to work for existing users. However, we now recommend using the ArcGIS Field Maps mobile application to download NSW geology phone maps.