New Frontiers Exploration Program
The New Frontiers Exploration Program provides support to explorers to search for deposits of metallic minerals including critical minerals and high-tech metals in NSW. The program, formerly known as the New Frontiers Cooperative Drilling Program, has an extended scope to include exploration geophysics.
The program is part of the NSW Government’s Critical Minerals and High-Tech Metals Strategy to promote mineral exploration investment in NSW.
The New Frontiers Exploration Program will provide grants to successful applicants for exploration drilling and geophysical programs (Group 1, 6, and 10 minerals under the Mining Act 1992 only) that demonstrate strong prospectivity, sound financial planning and a proven technical base.
On 28 June 2022, the NSW Deputy Premier announced $1.5 million for round 5 of the program with the expanded eligibility to include exploration geophysics.
The program supports the long-term sustainability of the NSW resources sector by encouraging mineral exploration and discovery that will:
- ensure a sustainable economic resource pipeline for the state, particularly in greenfields areas of the state
- test new geological ideas and models and/or exploration in regions of significant cover
- identify new critical minerals and high-tech metals deposits in NSW
- create stronger relationships between government and industry.
Successful Round 5 recipients
The NSW Government is pleased to announce the recipients from round 5 of the New Frontiers Exploration Program.
Round 5 closed at 5pm, 31 October 2022. A total of 22 recipients were funded under round 5 of the program with a total of $1.5 million being awarded.
The successful projects from round 5 are:
- Bowdens Silver Pty Limited for the Bowdens Silver Project - Seismic Survey Stage 2
- DevEx Resources Limited for the North Cobar Project
- Gold and Copper Resources Pty. Limited for the Nashdale Project
- Inflection Resources for the Duck Creek geophysics Project
- Legacy Minerals Holding Ltd for the Bauloora Epithermal Project
- Manuka Resources for the Canbelego Project
- Montana Drafting & Design PTY LTD for the Weethalle Project, Euratha Prospect
- Oxley Resources for the Warraweena Project
- PTr Resources Pty Ltd for the Bingara Project
- Spencer Hamilton for the Gundabooka Project
- Strategic Energy Resources Ltd for the Mundi Project
- Anchor Resources Limited/ Cobar Minerals for the McKellar Project
- Bowdens Silver Pty Limited for the Bowdens Silver Project - Seismic Target Drilling Project
- DevEx Resources for the Junee Project / Pigrams Hill Prospect
- Godolphin Resources for the Yeoval Project: Cyclops Prospect
- Inflection Resources for the Duck Creek drilling Project
- Kincora Copper Australia for the Trundle Project/ Trundle Park prospect / Southern Extension Zone
- KTA Resouces for the Belgravia Project - Bell Valley Prospect
- Legacy Minerals Holding Ltd for the Breccia Sinter Prospect (Bauloora Epithermal Project)
- Odin Metals Limited for the Koonenberry Scandium Drilling Project
- Syndicate Minerals Pty Ltd for the Mt Jacob Project
- Talisman Mining Limited for the Bonzer Prospect
For further information
Contact us about the New Frontiers Exploration Program.